Invitation for applications for the position of Independent Chairperson of the WRDATF
The Role of the Chairperson is to oversee the effective development of the Western Region Drug & Alcohol Task Force Strategic Plan and the implementation of an agreed work programme within a specific timeframe.
It is desirable that the successful candidate has:
- Experience of the role of Chairperson
- An interest and understanding of drug and alcohol misuse
- A strong background in business planning and Action Plan implementation
- A knowledge and experience of social inclusion issues
- Ability to bring together organisations and individuals from different sectors to work as a team
The position of Chairperson is a non-salaried post. Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
Term of office is three years. It is estimated a time commitment of 10-12 hours per month will be required for Chairperson duties.
Applicants should send a letter expressing interest in the position and Curriculum Vitae to Micheal Durcan, Co-ordinator, Western Region Drug & Alcohol Task Force, Unit 6, Galway Technology Park, Parkmore, Galway or email Micheal.email@example.com . It is desirable that the candidate include in their application details of their strengths and experience in line with the job specification associated with the position.
For further information and copy of job specification click here or contact Micheal Durcan at 091 480044 or e-mail: Micheal.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for receipt of applications: November 15th, 2018