Alcohol helps me when I am sad
Tips for when I'm sad:
- Allow yourself to be sad. Denying such feelings may force them underground, where they can do more damage with time. Cry if you feel like it.
- Write in a journal, listen to music, spend time with friends or family, and/or draw to express the emotion sadness.
- Think about the context of the sad feelings. Are they related to a loss or an unhappy event? Think about the feelings in a non-judging way and ride the wave of the experience.
- Sadness can result from a change that you didn't expect, or it can signal that you might need to make changes in your life. Emotions are changing and will come and go.
- Know when sadness turns into depression. Get help if this happens rather than getting stuck in it.